Nuclear terrorism, or child's play?

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
bolddeceiver

Nuclear terrorism, or child's play?

Post by bolddeceiver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 am

Ask a German Policeman.

Or maybe don't.

Because if I were a terrorist planting a dirty bomb, I'd be sure to stick a RADIOACTIVE! sticker on the side.
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Uh Oh

Post by StalinSays » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:01 am

And now that the test run is over, and the heat is off, this kid makes a dirty bomb delivery to his black market contacts, colorful sticker on the outside, waving and smiling at the ever so trusting cops.

zZzacha

Re: Nuclear terrorism, or child's play?

Post by zZzacha » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 am

bolddeceiver wrote:Because if I were a terrorist planting a dirty bomb, I'd be sure to stick a RADIOACTIVE! sticker on the side.
Definitely. You have to be very serious about dirty bombs, because people could get hurt, you know.

When I was young, we played with working computers. This article shows how much the crisis has hit us. Kids can't even afford working computers, all they have is broken junk and their imagination! That's so sad.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

bolddeceiver

Re: Nuclear terrorism, or child's play?

Post by bolddeceiver » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:41 pm

zZzacha wrote:You have to be very serious about dirty bombs, because people could get hurt, you know.
The funny thing is, they really can't. Radioactive material is incredibly hard to effectively weaponize; the dirty bomb thing is largely a pie-in-the-sky threat (mainly because it's not terribly effective terrorism to carry out an attack that will marginally increase 30-year cancer risk for people in a few blocks, when its much cheaper and easier to kill people today with high explosive)...
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily