Anti-microbial space underwear

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
strawman

Anti-microbial space underwear

Post by strawman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 am

I know you have all heard about this but decided it wasn't noteworthy enough for Drabblenews:

Among his scientific duties and routine maintenance chores, Dr. Wakata also tested bacteria-killing, water-absorbing Japanese underwear designed to be worn in space for weeks at a time.

“I wore them for about a month, and my station crew members never complained,” he said Thursday. “So I think the experiment went fine.”

These underwear, along with Orange Tang, makes TWO items for which we owe NASA a great big "Wow, thanks!"

My carbon filter underwear idea would probably have been as effective, at a big savings, but studies had to be conducted on the implications of zero gravity for "productive farts".
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 pm

strawman wrote:“I wore them for about a month, and my station crew members never complained,” he said Thursday. “So I think the experiment went fine.”
Yes of course! Or people just don't say anything when their boss is starting to smell real bad. Especially not these days, when everybody is very glad to have a job anyway...

Speaking of underwear: a company in Germany manufactured a bikini that dissolves in water, marketing it as the ultimate gift of revenge to your ex. It's called the "Get Naked Bikini" and after about three minutes in water, it completely dissolves.

Oh, and there are also men's trunks, so you boys better check your swim suits before you hit the water! And shake well after peeing...
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm

zZzacha wrote:
strawman wrote:Speaking of underwear: a company in Germany manufactured a bikini that dissolves in water, marketing it as the ultimate gift of revenge to your ex. It's called the "Get Naked Bikini" and after about three minutes in water, it completely dissolves.
You know, that sounds like drabblenews all on its own... I would order one if shipping wasn't going to be terrible from Europe to Hawaii.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

strawman

Post by strawman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Be the first person on your block whose defense to the public indecency charges is that your clothes dissolved
:lol:

Blame the humidity.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"