Fire risk 'super' ants discovered

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Phenopath

Fire risk 'super' ants discovered

Post by Phenopath » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Only a mild 1.5 on the Drabblenews DANGER! index, but worthy of note.

Super ants with a pathological fascination with electricity are invading the UK... causing a slight fire hazard. Oh well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glou ... 179872.stm

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 pm

I think these may become very handy when the problem of the corpse-fueled robots gets out of hand.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

neato

Post by StalinSays » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:36 am

'Their compulsion to follow electricity is stronger than their need for food or drink. '

Just like me and the Electric Slide. Since they're in to suicide attacks, does this fall under the war on terror umbrella?

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:07 am

You know, its only a matter of time before a few of these ants wind up getting superpowers from this and start manipulating electricity to their own ends.

I think the only way to deal with the problem is to need to train a secret team of super powered anteaters. Perhaps Parliament can call up Congress can ask for any tips we can offer after training giant mutant sea turtles.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.