MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersnatch

It's that time of year again! Beasts will clash!
Mikes

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by Mikes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Oh yeah, and the vote swings further in Snatch's favour!

In preparation for the win I've come up with a little dance. I call it 'The Snatch'. I'm doing it now. Oh yeah! /Duffman
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Post by Non-Euclidean Geo. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:07 am

I've sat out this round up 'til now because I haven't a clue who the winner ought to be. But watch me take a stab anyway. So it's like this; Minotops missiles are only good in the opening seconds of the round. After that it's close combat with Boris when the missiles might still be a good idea, but Minotops will also be taking damage at that range. Like the first round, I am still sold on Minotops Olympian gifts. A couple of good hits with the sword and Boris will be reeling even if no missiles have landed on him and Minotops hasn't siphoned any juice off of him.

Sure, Boris can slink up for an assault on Minotops nether regions (maybe it's gay, but I've seen some nasty cat fights), but this is where Hermes' sandals come into play and Minotops extricates himself with a strategic hovering retreat. Now there's distance between the two, Boris is above ground, and missiles are back on the menu. Also, Minotops has got that helm of invisibility. That's not nothing.

All the while Bandersnatch is "snicker-snacking" at the two behemoths. And since there's no shot clock, why can't Bandersnatch win this with a millions little pricks (also gay)? To do that though, he's got to be perfect. Should Bandersnatch phase a second too late even once, Minotops is having spaghetti for dinner.

Minotops ekes this thing out.

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 am

Bandersnatch is female, so if it's gay to slice savagely through her opponents with jagged, angled, mantis-like limbs, eviscerate them and feed on their gushing flesh while they are still struggling feebly to breathe, then yes, she's very gay. In that kick-ass butch sort of way.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:33 am

You heard it here first, ladies and gents; hot lesbian action on MBDM!

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Bandersnatch makes scissoring look like kindergarten material.
----

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Orange handled and blunt
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 am

jannypie wrote:Bandersnatch makes scissoring look like kindergarten material.
Sweet and innocent me had to look this up. At work. And now I have some explaining to do.

Oh Yeah! /Duffman

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 am

Hee hee...
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:31 am

I regret nothing. Plus that was my new thing to learn today!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 am

Just in case anyone is wondering - call-in votes and contest entries are still being accepted (until Sunday). We have one more wrap-up / contest winner / season winner announcement podcast to go. Oh, and yeh, we banked some special calls / submissions for debut on that episode.

---
Mikes wrote:I regret nothing. Plus that was my new thing to learn today!
and learning is FUNdamental.

---

Snatch for snatch - as a movement, ranks well below Pussy for Hellcat, and somewhere above Cock for Croc.

Why is it when jannypie leaves more than two comments at a time the discussion devolves in to filthy filthiness? It's akin to the moment I leave the podcast, and suddenly everyone is talking about palsy boners. Who ever knew I'd be a bastion of appropriateness? Well maybe now that we've hit bottom we'll bounce.

---

Someone explain to me how the noodle deposes the smelly ninja? I have yet to hear one compelling case reasoned out past the point of 'Bandersnatch is wicked' or 'she's cool and girls rule!'
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

fulapin

Post by fulapin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 pm

normsherman wrote:
angagaur wrote: And his Minotaur instincts would make him comfortable in the labyrinthine tunnels of Burrowing Borris.
another damn good point.
It is interesting that you can consider a 5 ton creature to "burrow," but Minh would not be comfortable in Borris's tunnels anyway. He's two tons bigger, and it isn't all in length. Therefore, Minh would have to burrow his own tunnels; he wouldn't have room to maneuver.

fulapin

Post by fulapin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

StalinSays wrote: Someone explain to me how the noodle deposes the smelly ninja? I have yet to hear one compelling case reasoned out past the point of 'Bandersnatch is wicked' or 'she's cool and girls rule!'
I think between between Snatch and Boris, it comes down to a patience game. Boris doesn't have any effective detection against Snatch. Snatch is invisible, relatively silent, odorless (yes?), and can phase out of the dimension. On the other hand, Snatch can locate Boris through scent, heat, and vibrations.

Boris is toxic and Snatch doesn't have any ranged attack. But Boris is a nimble ninja. I think Snatch can get the jump, I just don't know what would happen next.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 pm

StalinSays wrote:Someone explain to me how the noodle deposes the smelly ninja? I have yet to hear one compelling case reasoned out past the point of 'Bandersnatch is wicked' or 'she's cool and girls rule!'
I read a description once of a sci fi weapon. It was a gun that propelled a length of razer filament wire that would penetrate armour easily, due to it being almost microscopic in width, and whip around inside the casing. Turning the body into into a constancy like soup.

That is was Snatch can do.

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 am

Haha yes because there wasn't ANY filthy filthiness in this competition before I came along. It was all very intellectual and well-mannered. Silly jannypie.

I have tried to post actual synopses, TYVM Mr. Proper, it isn't my fault if the risque ones are what people respond to. :mrgreen: Also, there have been quite a few discussions about Bandersnatch's fighting ability, your wookie ass just doesn't seem to acknowledge them.

For example, earlier I made the point that Bander could phase out and be unseen until time to drop/pounce/slice and dice. She has speed and flexibility on both of the other contenders; even if Boris has ninja talents, he isn't magic and there's only so much physics can do with that bulk. Her smaller size makes her harder to hit with projectiles and again, there's that whole bit about being able to leave our universe. Being of a tentacled nature, even if she lost a limb or two to knife/sword fight, she can still keep on going. And since a Bandersnatch has never been killed, neither of the other two will know how or what her weaknesses are, if any.

Also, Bo you said earlier that you picture Bander like the baby alien born in MIB, but looking at the pictures she isn't all that much smaller. She's almost to Mino's shoulders and she's hunched over quite a bit. Adult Bandersnatches are 5x larger than Mongoose so I really think her size shouldn't be downplayed here in the finals.

AND, you still haven't answered if I can change my vote in the poll :o

Ignoring our discussion does not mean there hasn't been points made. :wink:
----

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:05 am

I think Bo is going for the "if I ignore the arguments against my candidate and for my opponents, my candidate is the obvious choice" line of reasoning. ;)
----

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 am

Mikes wrote:
StalinSays wrote:Someone explain to me how the noodle deposes the smelly ninja? I have yet to hear one compelling case reasoned out past the point of 'Bandersnatch is wicked' or 'she's cool and girls rule!'
I read a description once of a sci fi weapon. It was a gun that propelled a length of razer filament wire that would penetrate armour easily, due to it being almost microscopic in width, and whip around inside the casing. Turning the body into into a constancy like soup.

That is was Snatch can do.
I know the description you're referring to! Shoot. Can't recall what it is from though.
----

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 am

Ah-ha! Found it: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequin%27s_kiss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Harlequin's Kiss is one of the more horrifying close combat weapons employed by the Eldar, and is used only by Harlequins. It is a sharpened tube containing monofilament wire and worn on the forearm. The tube is punched into the target and the wire uncoiled, ripping the victim's innards apart in a spectacular and bloody fashion.
Ten points to anyone who can work 'monofilament ' into a conversation today.

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 am

Hm. For some reason I feel like the one I'm picturing is from a movie, or maybe a podcast story.
----

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 am

Well it's too much of an awesome mental picture to limit to any one book/film/nursery rhyme.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:26 am

Well, Bandersnatch is purple. She is obviously carrying on the great tradition of Hellaphant!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.