MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersnatch

It's that time of year again! Beasts will clash!
Post Reply
User avatar
SEELE_01
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:24 am

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by SEELE_01 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:59 am

I'm throwing my support with Minhotops. He's got the combined support of Greek AND Egyptian mythology. By comparison Bandersnatch just seems kinda... lame.

User avatar
normsherman
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by normsherman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 am

I summon thee Minhotops supporters to frikkin CALL IN NOW!! 443 552 0335!! So so easy and greatly enhances his chances of winning at this point with the way we are doing the scoring. I even promise to edit out any excessive "uhms, ehrs and uhhhs" if you freeze up with performance anxiety. I'll make you sound awesome instead!! Do it now damnit!!

Also, if you people only knew the horrendous (but A++ for effort) atrocity of a song that's in the lead as sole submission to the MBDM talent show competition thingy you'd surely be writing megabeast sonnets, raps, going to the beach and making half-ass worm-bear sand castles tomorrow. It's a free Bo commission on the line here! Just sayin!
"Give us all some Jelly"

fulapin
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by fulapin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 pm

You don't know how badly I want to submit just because of that.

Work, creative juices, work!

Boris, Snatch, and Minho meet
Which of them the dawn shall greet?
By night the beast-wars rage and wail
By day break, two of them shall fail

Snatch, the lightening quick phase-shifter
Boris, worm-like ninja drifter
Minh--dim-witted dinosaur
Converge upon the battle floor

... More later.

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 am

Go Minhotops!
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by StalinSays » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 am

Go Bigger Boris!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:12 am

So, can these contest submissions include beasts from rounds past, or is it just current round beast cheerleading?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
normsherman
Site Admin
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by normsherman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 am

moonowl wrote:So, can these contest submissions include beasts from rounds past, or is it just current round beast cheerleading?
It's whatever!
"Give us all some Jelly"

User avatar
boot
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Manitoba

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by boot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:30 am

normsherman wrote:...if you people only knew the horrendous (but A++ for effort) atrocity of a song that's in the lead as sole submission to the MBDM talent show competition...
Hey, that must be me! I'm in the lead? Whoo-hoo! OK now if nobody else submits I stand a chance...so everyone just be cool. be. cool. No need to call in. No need to get creative. Just return to your torpor and forget about the whole thing. There is no contest. There are no trading cards. You will remain asleeeeeeep.

~boot

Hey waitaminute...the melodious rapture of my crooner vocals combined with the edgy and relevant lyrical content and my mystifying muse for musical magnificence manufactured a masterpiece you deem a "horrendous atrocity"? Man, I sure hope this contest is graded on something other than talent. C'mon people...sleep!
That was a typographical error--it should have been a blank space.

User avatar
boot
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Manitoba

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by boot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 am

fulapin wrote:...Work, creative juices, work!...
Sleeeeeeep...
That was a typographical error--it should have been a blank space.

User avatar
jannypie
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by jannypie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Go Bandersnatch!!

Interdimensional raging mantis alien!!!! How does that possibly sound lame?!?!
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

fulapin
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by fulapin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:16 pm

fulapin wrote: Boris, Snatch, and Minho meet
Which of them the dawn shall greet?
By night the beast-wars rage and wail
By day break, two of them shall fail

Snatch, the lightening quick phase-shifter
Boris, worm-like ninja drifter
Minh--dim-witted dinosaur
Converge upon the battle floor
Minh's heat-seeking missiles launch
Aimed at Boris's arrogant haunch
Deep within the earthen crust
Boris burrows; missiles hit dust

Roguish Snatch, quietly observed
Invisible, unmoving, energy conserved
Charges up Boris, arms extended
Pincers clamping for Minhotop's tendons

The armored dino juggernaut,
Hovers, maneuvers, escapes the onslaught
Mistakenly forgotten, devious Snatch
Phases in form, makes his attack

Monofilamental razor-sharp mesh
Pierces armor, spirit, and flesh
micro, unbreakable, invisible but-for
bloody drops seeping through Minhotop's pores

In the beast wars
May the best beast excel
In under a moment
A mega-beast fell

User avatar
Lucid
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Denver

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by Lucid » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:28 pm

jannypie wrote:Go Bandersnatch!!

Interdimensional raging mantis alien!!!! How does that possibly sound lame?!?!
Agreed!

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by strawman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

fulapin wrote:
fulapin wrote: Boris, Snatch, and Minho meet
Which of them the dawn shall greet?
By night the beast-wars rage and wail
By day break, two of them shall fail

Snatch, the lightening quick phase-shifter
Boris, worm-like ninja drifter
Minh--dim-witted dinosaur
Converge upon the battle floor
Minh's heat-seeking missiles launch
Aimed at Boris's arrogant haunch
Deep within the earthen crust
Boris burrows; missiles hit dust

Roguish Snatch, quietly observed
Invisible, unmoving, energy conserved
Charges up Boris, arms extended
Pincers clamping for Minhotop's tendons

The armored dino juggernaut,
Hovers, maneuvers, escapes the onslaught
Mistakenly forgotten, devious Snatch
Phases in form, makes his attack

Monofilamental razor-sharp mesh
Pierces armor, spirit, and flesh
micro, unbreakable, invisible but-for
bloody drops seeping through Minhotop's pores

In the beast wars
May the best beast excel
In under a moment
A mega-beast fell

Bbardle! Bbardle! We got a band!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm

normsherman wrote:
moonowl wrote:So, can these contest submissions include beasts from rounds past, or is it just current round beast cheerleading?
It's whatever!

Okay, I gots me an idea. I just have to wait for the cold medicine to kick in again.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
Mikes
Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by Mikes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:09 pm

I just listened to Mongoose again and if anything it reinforced my conviction there can only be one winner here, and that's Snatch.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Mikes wrote:I just listened to Mongoose again and if anything it reinforced my conviction there can only be one winner here, and that's Snatch.
Just because it's called a 'snatch' should be means for disqualification.

People, Minhotops has armor, missiles, flight and can absorb power. What else do you want?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
Mikes
Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by Mikes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:42 pm

moonowl wrote:Minhotops has armor...
The Rath Breeder had armour in Mongoose. Didn't do that much good.
moonowl wrote:.... missiles....
It's can't lock onto that which is not in phase.
moonowl wrote:.... What else do you want?
A monkey.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 pm

So as you know, I backed Lamb Chops in the first round. Little did I know my support would not get me far. Because of what happened a couple weeks ago, I'm certainly not a Bigger Boris backer...

So I have my iPod in listening to The Drabblecast, and I have a feeling something is watching me.
Image


Huh. I look but of course nothing is there. I go back to my knitting and listening to the show.

I go grab my scissors from my trusty knitting basket and feel sharp pain in my wrist. OMG! LAMB CHOPS!
I've been katana-ed!

Image

He quickly makes an escape to hide and no doubt, plans to attack me again.

Image

What I wonder, has made him so angry at me? I have always been a supporter of the deadly sheep.
OH MY GOD HE MUST HAVE FOUND THE LAMB ROAST!

(and the beer. Yeah, that is really my fridge folks. Now you know why I like the show so much.)

Image

I lock myself in my basement, bar the doors and windows, hoping to be safe from the woolly terror I've unleashed..... when DEATH FROM ABOVE! Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gurgle*

Image

Luckily after hearing my screams my neighbors called 9-1-1 and the ambulance was able to sew my intestines back in.

Anyway, that's why I can't support bigger Boris. And why I now sleep with a shotgun and wool shears. I never ever count sheep...

The end.


This contest entry is brought to you by DayQuil and being trapped in the house for 3 days.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 pm

LOL!! Oh that is awesome. And I'm not being sheepish!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
Mikes
Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by Mikes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 pm

:lol:
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Post Reply