Page 1 of 1

The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm
by normsherman
This is Bo/Norm (feel free to address this entity as Borm, or ShemanSays), you may have noticed the forums have been going through some visual mood swings. Now that the our mother site, freeforums, has updated we are presented with a bevy of new options.

It's hard to make a definitive judgment, as each style has its pros and cons. Let us decide democratically - with a good ole' forums poll. Let us know which of these is your favorite (click the image for a full view).

Option 0
Image
http://www.bokaier.com/drabble/boardtheme_0.jpg (full view)

Option 1
Image
http://www.bokaier.com/drabble/boardtheme_1.jpg (full view)

Option 2
Image
http://www.bokaier.com/drabble/boardtheme_2.jpg (full view)

Option 3
Image
http://www.bokaier.com/drabble/boardtheme_3.jpg (full view)

Option 4
Image
http://www.bokaier.com/drabble/boardtheme_4.jpg (full view)

*all options would feature the DC logo, so ignore the placers

*sadly the 'old look' forums are gone for good, that style isn't an option.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
3!!

I voted for 3. Therefore, voting 3 is the cool thing to do. Vote for 3 or else be uncool!

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:55 pm
by StalinSays
I went with the black (Option 0). I'd be completely happy with option 3 as well, It's my runner up.

The one big flaw in this black version is that the links are styled strangely - they're underline only (sometimes not even that) until you rollover, at which point the switch to weirdo yellow blocks.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 pm
by ROU Killing Time
I voted for 0, but only because I know the editor isn't borked and it seems that the fix came with the change.

I really don't give a flying fig, as long as I can scroll through and do revisions without the damn thing popping to the top everytime I hit a keystroke.

As for #3 being cool. I'm still not sure I really believe that's Tweedy there. Avatar looks nothing like what I recall. Do you suppose he got hooked in and account hacked by your Nigerian scam-spam too?

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:38 am
by deflective
it would have been handier to see a screenshot of an actual thread (profile left or right? icons used? etc) but the poll already seems pretty conclusive.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:02 am
by Mr. Tweedy
Uncool! You're all uncool!

It's not too late to change your vote. C'mon: Everybody's doing it!

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:21 am
by tbaker2500
I think the black background with white center is hard on the eyes. The rest are bland, but readable. So I'll submit to peer pressure and choose #3.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:07 am
by Wonko
Option 0! Because I'm counterculture-cool!

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 am
by ROU Killing Time
Wonko wrote:Option 0! Because I'm counterculture-cool!
You da man, Wonko, you da man.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:12 am
by Phenopath
Black, 'cos the unread ppost icons are clearer than 1

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:10 pm
by ROU Killing Time
Phenopath wrote:Black, 'cos the unread ppost icons are clearer than 1
Tweedy, as of this posting it's 9-2.

Can you say "PWNT!!!111"

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
Uh oh! Looks like the balance is swinging away from me! Should I jump on the black bandwagon in order to salvage a few bars of cool from my sinking ship-of-popularity, or stay the blue course hoping to make a big comeback after a few years of obscurity and rehab?

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm
by ROU Killing Time
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Uh oh! Looks like the balance is swinging away from me! Should I jump on the black bandwagon in order to salvage a few bars of cool from my sinking ship-of-popularity, or stay the blue course hoping to make a big comeback after a few years of obscurity and rehab?
As the bard said "To thine own self be true" Tweed. Even if that does mean accepting that your a big fat loser. ;-)

btw, looks like you have just 15 posts to go before being the first to attain "Lord of the Tentacles" (or whatever the top posting spot ended up being called.)

Grats on that, in advance.

Consider it a consolation prize. :)

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 pm
by StalinSays
Still need to finish up that icon set. The beasts, they steal away my time. Tweedy has already though achieved Forums Czar status. Not much higher.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:02 am
by ROU Killing Time
StalinSays wrote:Still need to finish up that icon set. The beasts, they steal away my time. Tweedy has already though achieved Forums Czar status. Not much higher.
You know I just bumped you out of the #5 spot for all time forum postings, Mr.Commie Stalin.

Of course, that's cuz no one has figured out how to shut me up, except for Mr.Tweedy, naturally who apparently likes letting me hang around (despite his threats of charging me for excessive use of bandwidth.)

The fact that you pulled off that Nigerian scam thereby conning Norm out of the Admin password does cause me concern, however.

<duck>

Egads, I see you are from the city of angels. You're not going to hold that jab against the Lakers against me, are you?

*cough*grass-carp*cough*

</cover>

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm
by strawman
Consider yourself toast, ROU. But of course, in this place, that's the #2 spot under Forum Czar.

Re: The New Look Forums (Addendum)

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 pm
by tbaker2500
ROU Killing Time wrote: Egads, I see you are from the city of angels. You're not going to hold that jab against the Lakers against me, are you?
You know, I went to the City of Angles once. You had to be real careful to not bump into those acute ones, they hurt! Better than those obtuse fatties, tho.