Page 6 of 8

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:59 pm
by moonowl
HOLY CRAP! I know who did it!

It's the Nigerian Spam Scammers! They are REALLY MAD about the annual contest the DC has every year, so they have figured out a way to have revenge and ruin our MBDM fun!!!!

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 am
by SEELE_01
Didn't want to have to reveal this so soon but Friendly Narwhal's spike was done manually by me, angagaur, and a few other friends going through my college's computer lab. This is no different than the techniques used and endorsed by other Mega-Beast enthusiasts.

If you want, I can post a pic of said lad to prove there are enough computers to get that vote manually.

If you are trusting enough to take mine and Angagur's words at face value and put Narwhal back in we'd appreciate it, however we understand if you don't and we won't hold it against anyone.

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:08 am
by tbaker2500
Yea, that was kinda obvious in your earlier posts. :-)

But I think the question here is, do you really feel that Narwhal had any reason to be in the fight, or was it a lark? I mean, I can see Kendall doing it to just piss off Norm, or someone like myself just doing it to mess up a round for the fun of it. But I don't see much point of putting him in unless there is a cogent argument to be made for how he could fight a Mongoose or War Mer'chine?

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 am
by angagaur
SEELE_01 speaks the truth. We are very enthusiastic about this competition.
We were pulling for the Friendly Narwhal all the way.
We also were rooting for the Meth Worm, and Minotard.
The points I made in my previous post explains why I think the Narwhal should be in the competition.
The only other point I'd make is this: if Narwhal wasn't meant to make it to Round 3 proper, why was he even on the list?

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 am
by Mikes
angagaur wrote:The only other point I'd make is this: if Narwhal wasn't meant to make it to Round 3 proper, why was he even on the list?
You could also say 'if it was supposed to be in the next round more people would have voted for it'.

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 am
by StalinSays
NNnnnnnnaarrrrgggggghhhhh!

In the face of said admission, I can't be a frowny face. It genuinely looked like a hack, based on volume. But double standards won't be foisted, and enthusiasm is to be encouraged (bless your hearts). This is what happens when you look for patterns in π...

Image

I'll still be tightening the screws. Network voting will be constrained the same way proxy voting is.

Four creature round. Season 2 style.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:00 am
by jannypie
so seele and angaguar out-voted norm and adam with the exact same tactics (two people in computer labs) and managed to quintuple the amount of votes being put out at a time?

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:27 am
by tbaker2500
jannypie wrote:so seele and angaguar out-voted norm and adam with the exact same tactics (two people in computer labs) and managed to quintuple the amount of votes being put out at a time?
Well they said they had a couple of friends. Plus Norm's getting slow in his old age.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 am
by Mikes
so are we carrying on in this thread for the round proper or is another one going to be created? I just want to know when to start a 'Mongoose! *clapclapclap* Mongoose! *clapclapclap' chant going.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:21 am
by StalinSays
Mikes wrote:so are we carrying on in this thread for the round proper or is another one going to be created? I just want to know when to start a 'Mongoose! *clapclapclap* Mongoose! *clapclapclap' chant going.
Same Bat URL, same Bat Channel.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:51 am
by normsherman
jannypie wrote:so seele and angaguar out-voted norm and adam with the exact same tactics (two people in computer labs) and managed to quintuple the amount of votes being put out at a time?
Adam was at University of Baltimore comp lab, his gf was at University of Maryland and I was at Hopkins, and they still kicked our assess. If they did it legit comp to comp it's pretty damn commendable, if they did it by some other dirty way, it's I guess a different type of commendable. I still hold that Narwhal sucks balls comparatively and seeing how pissed it made Kendall to have him ousted only makes his removal more delightful. I'd be willing to buy out Seele and Angaguar by sending 'em each a set of kickass MegaBeast trading cards on the house to look the other way. What say you guys?

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 pm
by angagaur
Why, that is an improper suggestion, we can't switch sides in the middle of a campai-
Did you say kickass Mega-Beast trading Cards?

Hmmm....

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:11 pm
by dreamrock
Hm. I'm giving serious thought to pulling for War Mer'chine this round.

My reasons are somewhat Pokemon.

The closest analog to the common pokemon for Mer'chine is Gyarados. Gyarados kicks tail. More on this later.

Narwhal is more or less the Magikarp. Magikarp is completely useless. It squirts bubbles in such a way that even the water-phobic fire pokemon don't even blink. It does eventually evolve into Gyarados, but is incapable of fighting anything until that happens.

Mongoose is kind of like a Duskull or a Gastly. It's ethereal so it's almost immune to physical attacks. But! Solely physical creatures are nearly immune to its attacks. If Mer'chine were heavily reliant on electronics, it might be a problem. But if I recall the card correctly, Mer is steam powered.

I'm more or less tempted to treat UDC as a Psyduck. Mostly because I haven't heard the episode and because that would give me some kind of framework in which to see UDC as capable of attack.

Anyway, Gyarados is not weak to psychic powers. Thus, because I made a bunch of ridiculous assumptions and comparisons, War Mer'chine will defeat all others. :lol:

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 pm
by Phenopath
I will not be supporting the fail whale.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 pm
by moonowl
I want to vote Mongoose but I'm not sure what kind of damage he can do to the Merchine. Debate.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:17 am
by jannypie
dreamrock wrote: My reasons are somewhat Pokemon.
squeeeeeeSLAM

that was your street cred walkin out the door

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:41 am
by dreamrock
jannypie wrote:
dreamrock wrote: My reasons are somewhat Pokemon.
squeeeeeeSLAM

that was your street cred walkin out the door
The Pacifists Suck Act of 1948 revoked all street cred to all pacifists retroactive to AD 70 and infinitely forward in the future. It is felt by many legal scholars that the primary--if not the only--impetus for this law was Ammon Hennacy. Ammon had more street cred than all of the non-pacifists on all sides of WWII and it was kind of embarrassing to everyone ever.

My street cred was revoked in 2004 when I finally gave up the last vestiges of my "violence is ok under certain circumstances" beliefs.

On the other hand, I sleep easy knowing me and Ammon would be tight were he alive today. :o

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:01 am
by tbaker2500
jannypie wrote:
dreamrock wrote: My reasons are somewhat Pokemon.
squeeeeeeSLAM

that was your street cred walkin out the door
Okay, I really did laugh out loud at that one!

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:03 am
by tbaker2500
dreamrock wrote:I'm more or less tempted to treat UDC as a Psyduck. Mostly because I haven't heard the episode and because that would give me some kind of framework in which to see UDC as capable of attack.
Ok J. E., stop right there. Go listen. Come back and discuss. One of my favorites, and hard to explain.

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 am
by Phenopath
tbaker2500 wrote:
dreamrock wrote:I'm more or less tempted to treat UDC as a Psyduck. Mostly because I haven't heard the episode and because that would give me some kind of framework in which to see UDC as capable of attack.
Ok J. E., stop right there. Go listen. Come back and discuss. One of my favorites, and hard to explain.
Yes, one of my favourites too. It has my all time top drabble quote too.