Recalculating Route

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
TheFriendlyNSA

Recalculating Route

Post by TheFriendlyNSA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:49 am

Vacant front seats melted past each other without error. Traffic that was never quite traffic buzzed beneath rusting streetlights and illegible signage. With the marriage of solar power and computerized chauffeurs, the last human interaction with transportation finally gave up its hold. What had been known colloquially as the ‘rest stop’ had become obsolete in the self-contained, continually recycled environment of the auto. Efficiency was nearing its asymptote, and time was no longer wasted with fuel, sleep, or sustenance. Even the air scrubbers had their limits, however. As the mechanical dance continued, the cloud of stinking rot continued to grow.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Recalculating Route

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 am

Ah, another Carmageddon.

I'd say, "Welcome aboard, TheFriendlyNSA", but not this time -- in case your handle is a little too on-the-nose. :wink:

Reminder: Friends don't let friends read their private hard drives. :evil:

TheFriendlyNSA

Post by TheFriendlyNSA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm just playing the hand I've been dealt.

Let's just say that every time a form says "initial here", I feel the need to explain myself. I'm the good kind of NSA. RIght?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Notary Signing Agent or National Scrabble Association?

Chairman Goodchild

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

TheFriendlyNSA wrote:I'm just playing the hand I've been dealt.

Let's just say that every time a form says "initial here", I feel the need to explain myself. I'm the good kind of NSA. RIght?
Is there any other kind? The United States of America would never give an undisclosed and unaccountable amount of money to an organization that doesn't answer to international law. That would be just ridiculous, and I feel better for just saying how absurd that situation would be.