The Flipping Point

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
KateZiervogel

The Flipping Point

Post by KateZiervogel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:36 pm

A terrible storm is nothing compared to the horror of a woman silent with fury. Corners of her rose-colored lips curl slightly into an unnervingly gentle smile.

Mother Nature taking revenge with energy reserved for the wildly insane and panic stricken. The hum behind her eyes, electrical pulses betrayed in her forehead. Only a glimpse of her rage can be seen in the tension of her jaw muscles as her teeth grind and release.

Sweat beads on her face, head forward, she allows her eyes to close out of exhaustion and relief.

The mess will take forever to clean.

KateZiervogel

Re: The Flipping Point

Post by KateZiervogel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:38 pm

"rose-colored lips"

I'm always a bit confused about how to count hyphenated words for a drabble... one word or two? anyone?

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 am

Microsoft word is the word counter we use. It usually counts hyphenated words as one.

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:31 am

Also, great Drabble. I get the image of my own mother wandering into a room after I'd discovered her tube of mascara or a jar of peanut butter. I have a feeling Mother Nature's much less forgiving. And my bum still twinges even now.

KateZiervogel

Post by KateZiervogel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 am

Merci Monsieur. I also use YWriter in addition to Ms word but Y counts it as 2 words. Hense my confusion.

SpareInch

Post by SpareInch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:57 pm

I have to admit, I wouldn't have hyphenated rose coloured in the first place, but it's just a preference. I try not to hyphenate at all unless it's someone's name or else Pages insists on it.

Perhaps though, we might have a definitive ruling on the hyphenation question stuck to the top of the board, just for reference? I'm looking in your direction ASID. :)

Nice drabble though, Kate. Raising the intellectual tone.
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.