Drabblecast 415 – The Best Scarlet Ceremony Ever!

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:24 pm

by Shaenon K. Garrity
The Wakefields were the worst family in Oakes Isle. Even the grown-ups knew it. Whenever a chicken was stolen or the air was let out of a bike tire or a starving hex was chalked on a barn wall to sicken the sheep, there was a Wakefield behind it…

Episode art by Ridza Saratoga
Read by Renee Chambliss
Twabble: I stare into the face of my architect. I demand answers, but no reply is given. I throw my fist in anger. I break the mirror. by Nibeous
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

mightytwix
Forums Czar

Re: Drabblecast 415 – The Best Scarlet Ceremony Ever!

Post by mightytwix » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I really enjoyed this story. Lightheart teenage angst with a touch of comming of age, set in a weird and wonderful world. It had an authentic diary feel to it, and the narration really help cement it.

I remember trying to stomach and comprehend the bible stories I was feed as a child. The strict sunday school teachers telling me it was all fact, Jonah was indeed swallowed by a whale, and that a little boy defeated a giant, and a magic man came back from the dead. And then being told by others that it was symbolic... well some was... other parts were real. This story plays on that balance, we must face with our own childhood mythos.

Luckly I was saved by his Noodlyness... I will forever be strained in his colander.
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...