Drabblecast 416 – Necessary Cuts

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:01 am

The manuscripts I read are haunted. Commas vanish forever into the void. Subjects and verbs struggle in bloody disagreement. Infinitives are cleaved with a dull axe. Sentence fragments ablated at one ragged end lay strewn between the margins.

I take an exorcist’s solemn pride in banishing these warped creatures from the village, sending slapdash monstrosities back to the murky dark from whence they came. The pages come in and the pages go out; my reward is the warm tingle of equilibrium, having restored order to some tiny corner of the world…

Episode art by Bo Kaier
Twabble: Chuckles the Clown wept as he wished he could fight the compulsion that leads to all of this carnage: there can only be fun. by Etaan
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

mightytwix
Forums Czar

Re: Drabblecast 416 – Necessary Cuts

Post by mightytwix » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:38 pm

This was a really great Lovecraft salute, and I liked the authors spin on where the story came from. At the time of listening to this, my own job was pretty stressful, and I too had horrific and painful words appearing everywhere, along with horrible flashbacks and dreams.

Percent complete
Past deadline

Terrifying.
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

fireflyrad

Re: Drabblecast 416 – Necessary Cuts

Post by fireflyrad » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 pm

What I'm curious about is why the author of such a tome had an obsession with this particular editor. Did the editor have a latent connection to the mad realm from which came the awful words? Or did the vile author wish to drive the editor insane through his persistence?

And does that author have a twitter account?? :twisted:
Constantly confused and never quite sure why.